Sub Header

9th Annual Art-a-Day Challenge, January 2018!

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Still feeling awkward as a new bride in the studio


Toyed with this old drawing as a Heart a Day brooch.  Would probably combine copper, silver and brass but it's just not grabbing me enough to push through this awkwardness.
Perhaps down the road a bit.


Repaired the ding in my rolling mill that happened during the move.  Pleased it wasn't any worse.  It's my most expensive piece of equipment.
 This is kind of calling to me.  A sterling compote thrift store find from back when silver was cheap. Imagining a Heart Brooch from a mix of these scraps.















More dinking around.  Two silkworm cocoons cut and tucked together.  This could be fun.  They're super light weight yet darn tough. Ripe with potential.
In my mind I imagine silver inlay but seriously question how to pull that off.
These are charming to hold and cogitate possibilities.

No comments: